Sunday, January 18, 2009

I am love, Grandfather


Looking over the water, Grandfather sees Mikel joining her waves.
He thinks what an extraordinary apprentice his grandson has been.
The boy learns quickly to become each element.

Grandfather taps Mikel on the shoulder.
The boy looks up with eyes open wide, "Are we going?" he asks.

"Yes," Grandfather answers, "we will travel a great distance today."

"I think I know where you are taking me grandfather," Mikel says.
"You've always said it would be a special day.
I am big now so I will not even ask where we are going today."

He smiles at the boy, "You are right, it is a special day,
and grandson I forget how you are all grown up.
Thinking back to when I was eleven, I'm sure I knew it all too.

"Now close your eyes and breathe, you are the sun lighting the world.
All is as it should be. Feel warmth circulating through all you contact.
Today we are fire spreading heat, providing energy.

"Focus on love while becoming one with the universe.
All you touch is marvelous, Mikel. Shine brightly,
your rays give hope to many."

Mikel feels intense heat rushing through his body.
Grandfather's voice pushes him
beyond where they've gone in their work before.

He looks over his body seeing flames connecting him
to all and realizes he is without attachment.

"I am love, Grandfather," he yells as heat surrounds him.
He feels completely free. Being one with fire is
more incredible than he could ever have imagined.

Grandfather watches how masterfully Mikel radiates.
Pride for his grandson fills him as he calls to the sky,
"I love you, grandson."

No comments: