Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Christmas



I've often been told that I do not live in the same reality. I've been called immature. Fyn understands me though, which makes it alright. It's wonderful how children look to the magic in the world with unquestioning eyes.

Tonight while talking on the phone, I noticed a shadow on the ceiling. Immediately my brain ran through the possibilities of what could be moving through the garland above the window. The shadow cast by the Christmas lights made the being seem enormous. After my brain narrowed it down to the likely choices of spider or beetle, my imagination took over and fantastical beings entered my home. Of course I understand that insects are beautiful, but when a fairy appears in your garland, it is necessary to praise magical beings.

I know someone who will tell me to stop saying strange things in my blog, someone who does not believe in magical beings. Her argument is that people will not take me seriously if I say crazy things. The craziest thing I have seen in my lifetime is the endless war we have had to endure on the part of human beings. War has been discussed seriously, fretted over, and seriously discussed some more by the politicians, news media, citizens, etc... It is time for us to start saying something more meaningful.

We the People, depend upon one another in order to create a more perfect community. We realize the energy of love is stronger than fear. The Earth we walk on is the body of our mother. For too long, men have dropped bombs, polluted, and ripped apart our mother. We need her in order to survive. We are connected to one another in spirit through the air we breathe. Let us work together to create peace, love, and justice for all People.

It is time for people to open their eyes to magic. My wish to you in this holiday season is peace on earth. John and Yoko gave us the words almost forty years ago-War is over if you want it--Happy Christmas.

No comments: