Monday, December 1, 2008

snow day

The phone rings one minute before my alarm is set to go off. I know what that means--SNOW DAY! YEAH! Fyn and I get to play. Power outage an hour later--YEAH! Momma gets to play too. It is like a holiday because today we can return to the woods as hunting season has ended. The first day of December, the power returns and with it, the first of my blogs. Welcome reader.

The river is beautiful with snow covering branches along our trail. Our neighbor, Annis, loaned us some wooden snowshoes. The trail is deep making for magnificent markings in our snow-prints, which look like giant leaves beneath the snow-covered trees. The world around us is magical as we make our trek back into the woods we've avoided for the past two weeks.

I love cutting the first trail through winter's wonderland. Living in northern Michigan grants us this privilege frequently. Today is a brilliant gift we've received in the opportunity to share time with our family. It reminds me of the first walk Fyn and I took together ten months ago when we returned home from the hospital. He was tiny beneath my jacket and he fell asleep instantly. Today his eyes are wide with amazement for the first half of our walk, but sleep comes as we follow the river trail thinking about "peace awakens." These are the woods and trails where I learned and wrote the story of Peace Awakening. There is magic, we need only go in search of it. In order to seek, we must leave the path of many and begin cutting our own trail.

Future blogs will arrive to fill you in on Peace Awakens. We are ready to change the world, the time is now.

Peace and love,
Tommy Lucke

No comments: