Tuesday, December 9, 2008

making tracks

Those first exciting steps, the ones that make the knees wobble. Fyn begins walking as we once did. Learning to trust our legs to carry us where once we crawled. In the span of ten months, he has learned so many things. There is still much for him to experience as he is only beginning his journey.

Creating our first tracks through this snowy day makes me wonder, where will Fyn's steps carry him? What paths will he create in his lifetime? Can he learn to walk between two worlds? Walking peacefully along nature's trail following the winding river as well as the straight lines of the modern world.

Curiosity leads him to new discoveries of the many wonders now at his level. His laughter tells of amazement in each new revelation. There's magic in everything Fyn encounters. Our joy comes from witnessing the gift Fyn brings us each day. Being in the present moment with him brings peace, whether we are snuggled together making tracks through the snow or watching his ascent as a walker upon the earth.

This is all new for me as well. Times when I write are interrupted every few minutes to race after Fyn, but I would not trade these moments for all the pages I could write. I crave the chance to share my insights watching Peace awaken in a world full of change. We are emerging from the darkest moments before a beautiful dawn. The rising sun of a new age fills me with hope as we join together to create a more beautiful world.

By nature, I've always been curious, and as a teacher I've watched children's time to imagine cut short. My desire is to nurture Fyn's imagination through walks. We've been outside everyday to explore nature and, I've been able to witness the magic that accompanies us all. In the woods we have encountered so many incredible beings. Seeing it through Fyn's eyes makes tracks I will forever remember.

No comments: